Tuesday, January 12, 2010





The Hip Hop on L.O.C.K. project has taught me not only the ins and outs of the entertainment industry but about myself as an artist. My former group M.V.P. had a lot of successes in the year 2008 including several requests for performance airplay on WAMO 106.7 radio station. Hopefully this time around my new group, Shinobi, will have even more successes and become even more memorable than the Prodigious were. whichever way the cookie crumbles, I hope to get an even better understanding of the music business, and learn more about myself and the members of my group who I am also honored to call my friends. The project has given me the opportunity to do what i do best, and shine as a vocalist, but had also allowed me to explore being a rap artist, and learn more about the business realm in the music industry. It has also showed me that there is more to music than just pressing record. Being a raw talent and having had very little formal vocal training, showed me that walking into a studio requires more than talent. You have to be very attentive and well rounded in order to survive in the business. The thing that I've learned and value most is that you must always put your best foot forward and try your best never to rub anyone the wrong way.

No comments:

Post a Comment