Monday, June 1, 2009

Rob Schneider Was Makin' Copies..... I'm Makin' Progress

I’ve been into music since I was two years old. At the age of eight I started to realize that the music I was used to hearing was unfulfilling to me. Around ten I started to listen to less hip-hop and rap, and more pop. At thirteen I developed my own sound, that in my opinion, doesn’t fit into any one genre. With this project I’ve decided to explore why popular music (which isn’t always the best) is as popular as it is. I’ve come to the conclusion that one of the biggest factors in what makes any particular song popular is the artist. For example, rap artist Lil’ Wayne began as an average rapper, then in late 2008 ventured into the rock world and got a positive response. If I had to guess, a rock star turned rapper wouldn’t have as much success. Society plays a major part in the whats what and whos who in Hollywood, and I hope to break a few barriers and discover the true definition of a “hit song"........

No comments:

Post a Comment